Dim c As Chart
ws_count = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
For i = 1 To ws_count
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.worksheets(i)
For j = 1 to ws.ChartObjects(j).Chart
Set c= ws.ChartObjects(j).Chart
c.ChartTitle.Text= Replace(c.ChartTitle.Text, "OldStuff", "NewStuff")
There is probably a better way to do this..if you know of one please tell me. This way looks pretty clunky to me:
Here's some macro code to put a list of values from a SAS table into a bunch of variables:
%LET CURRENT_TABLE_DATE = 'APR2009';
SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_DATE INTO :TABLE_DATE1-:TABLE_DATE100
%DO I=1 %TO 100;
%PUT &I &&TABLE_DATE&I &CURR_TABLE_DATE;
I've seen a lot of ugly ways to count the number of words in a comma separated list, most of them involve an overly complicated macro. There is an easier way. Just add a field to your table, then you want to use the LENGTH function to count your comma separated list, and the LENGTH and COMPRESS function to count the string with your commas removed. This will give you the number of words in the list:
list_count = length(comma_list)-length(compress(comma_list,","));
Here's a little batch file utility to get your installed programs from your Windows 7 registry. This was adapted from an online script that doesn't work on Win 7:
C:\Windows\System32\reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall temp1.txt
This needs to be all on one line in the batch file, with a space between export and HKEY... my editor broke it into two lines.
Every once in a while you need to go beyond the Excel feature that screens out duplicate records and single out records with a duplicate field, that contain data you want to get rid of.
Here's an Excel VBA Macro that does that. This one works for a sheet called "singletons" so you're going to have to change "singletons" to "sheet1" or whatever your sheet is called.
If Sheets("singletons").Cells(i,2) = Sheets("singletons").Cells(i-2,2) then
This also starts at row 100679, so you'll need to change that to your last row. The program works from the bottom up, which is the way it has to be. So make sure that the row and data you want to keep is sorted so the good record is the first one, and all the bad records are below that. This Macro checks the data in the B or second column, so you'll probably need to change that too:
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BACK YOUR DATA UP!!!!
Here's the whole macro:
For i = 100679 To 2 Step -1
If Sheets("singletons").Cells(i, 2) = Sheets("singletons").Cells(i - 1, 2) Then
For the last two days I've been looking at options for making a Flash website readable on mobile devices paying particular attention to iOS devices. We all know how much Apple loves Adobe Flash. Apple is not real fond of developers in general actually, but they really hate Flash developers.
So I looked for the easy way out, of course. Solution number 1 was to use Adobe Flash CS5 and develop in Flash lite. I still can't get it to work with the iPhone, but it did work on Android and Rim devices which are the other two I'm shooting for. Not great, but a partial solution. PARTIAL PASS
Next, I tried Swiffy by Google, where you can upload an swf file via web page, and it will create an html5 solution for you. Except in my case where it FAILED. Tried several different versions of swf, all of which FAILED.
Next I tried Recool Video Converter which not only FAILED but crashed. Two for one. I tried it on both my Win 64 boxes. When I moved it over to my XP box it did make a video, but the quality was suspect and unusable. FAIL.
I recently had a problem while using MySql with Hibernate in a Java app. Everyone and his dog had elaborate answers on this issue, including changing your connection pool settings, rewriting your entire codebase, and rebuilding the Space Shuttle. The answer was simple. You need to close out the session factory, not just the Session. This is done with this line:
Assuming you named it fact like this:
SessionFactory fact = new Configuration().configure().buildSessionFactory();
Which probably would have saved a lot of trouble for most of those developers. A lot of the examples on the internet excluded this simple answer.
Here's a good article on how to customize the Outlook 2007 Command Bar:
Just one problem: It doesn't work. Or doesn't seem to. The author forgot to mention a key detail. If you don't actually see the menu after you build and debug-run the project, it doesn't mean it isn't there. Try going to the command bar. Pick the View menu, then Toolbars. Once you pick the Toolbars option you should see a MyToolBarButton. That's your baby. Pick that selection and you should see "My ToolBar Button" command button show up on the command bar.