Symptoms: When a user connects to a Windows Server 2008 Server using Remote Desktop local printers appear to work, but print jobs won’t print. No error are reported to the user. and the print job disappears from print queue. When the administrator accesses the Windows 2008 Server Manager > Print and Document Services > Events you see this ! ERROR:
Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 5. Access is denied.
Diagnosis: Remote users don’t have access to the server print spooler directory
which is required for local printing
Fix: Add the “Everyone” group to the security permissions.
- Login to the Terminal Server as an Administrator.
- Open Windows Explorer window with elevated priveledges (“As Administrator”)
- Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\
- Right-click the “Printers” folder and select “Properties”.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Add button.
- In the box labeled “Enter the object names…”, type “Everyone”.
- Click “Check Names” and ensure that the input is underlined
- Click “OK”.